Here’s how Google+ can enhance your content strategy
Google+ has thus far not been taken overly serious by businesses looking to market their products and services. This is swiftly changing! Google+ has now positioned itself nicely to challenge Facebook as a primary social network for business. Websites using the +1 Button increase page traffic by 350%, and more than 925,000 people join Google+ every day! Mix together all the functionality of your Google account, and massive search engine benefits, you have something we can get serious about.
Seven Tips for Utilizing Your Google+ Page
Confused about how to use Google+? Don't worry – use these to get going!
- Your Google+ profile – Complete it. Do this with a little thought. Be sure you use engaging photos and images, and link out to your other social media profiles.
- List your key information – Especially business hours, contact information, along with maps and directions.
- Link to your blog or site – You should definitely link to your main business blog or site. This will result in added traffic plus a great link.
- Create a business page – Showcase your small business where it matters. This has direct benefits for search results as well as for people that find you on Google+.
- Link out to your content –Doing this will have several benefits, first of all getting them indexed nearly instantly, along with a several other search engine advantages. You can even use your Google+ page to create posts, complete with multimedia which can link out to your posts elsewhere.
- Utilize the Direct Connect feature – This Google+ tool permits people to add you to circles once they come across you in search. Similar to a Facebook “Like”.
- Use video chat in Google+ Hangouts – This one is incredibly useful. Any time you conduct a video chat, Google+ streams it, records it, and sends you the recording via email. After that you can upload to YouTube, thus creating more useful content. One terrific method to use these is to make impromptu product demos.
This is only the start of what’s possible with Google+. To find even more strategies plus a very cool infographic on the subject see this post on CopyBlogger.